Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Getting Started

..so here we go! I have been dragging my feet for months as I cogitated on what exactly I would say in my first post. I think what I want to do with my blog is to offer up some reviews on books I read, or have read, and music that I enjoy, be it a new discovery, or something that I have enjoyed over many years. I will also probably post some hobby projects, and maybe an occasional thought or two.

I have discovered that the blogosphere has spawned a very large group of "experts" on various topics. I have begun to find that annoying, and frankly a bit unbelievable. I think most of us, given a soapbox to speak from, just want to be heard. I suppose I am doing the same thing now, but I don't really want to spend time complaining. I don't see myself as a "expert" on any one topic,  I just  hope I can turn some people on to some stuff I find interesting, and that it somehow enriches their life in some small way. There is enough negativity on the net without my help. So I want this to be a creative outlet for me personally, and maybe I will be able to offer up something that others might find is worth taking the time to read

...........oh, and I like quotes......................Dave................

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment